• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m54 engine

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, seeing as how you are on the other side of the pond I'm not sure how much info from those of us in the States will work for you. How common are Cummins 5.9's or International DT466's? If they are as common for you as they are here then I would look at them first. They can be turned up some and make some good power. Another option (if you can find them in the UK) would be a Cat 3208 V8 engine. There's at least one member here that has installed one in a 6x6. If none of these engines work for you you will need to look for commercial engines similar to the ones I've mentioned.

Ruppster

Blood_of_Tyrants

Most mid sized US built diesel engines will bolt right up to the tranny. You may have to fabricate the motor mounts. Also you may be able to pick up a NHC250 Cummins out of a US military M800 series truck and turbocharge it and turn it up some. You could easily turn 300 hp and 600-700 ftlbs of torque.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That is correct Richard! If it were able to be done, I would have put the one(250) sitting next to my M62 in it!