• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 wikipedia page. Anyone notice anything amiss?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without knowing anything about the M54 trucks...the only thing I see wrong is your link.

How about a clue for those of us not as up on these things as you are?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first pic looks to be a 2.5 ton truck.

Typical WIKI info...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wikipedia is very good on some stuff, terrible on others.................. and unfortunately, the only way to know which it is is to be an expert on the subject and most experts aren't reading wikipedia.............

That's why no one credibly cites Wikipedia in any kind of debate, presentation, school project, etc.

Darwin T

Wikipedia is designed as a starting point not an information fact check. i beleive if you know how anyone can update it or send in additional data. the comidian Sinbad had someone put that he was dead on his page. it was a shock to him when he read it.

m816

I wasn't aware that General Motors ever had any thing to do with production of M54"s or M35's ever. Am I mistaken?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first pic looks to be a 2.5 ton truck.

Typical WIKI info...
The truck I see is definitely a 5-ton. Extra space between the front axle and back of fender and the winch has a level wind. Also the dropside bed has the short section up front that doesn't drop.

Attachments

Last edited:

Trango

Yep, that is the second image on the page, and is clearly a 5 ton.... the first, which has since been removed, depicted a 2.5T truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks