• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 ?

Radicalexpress

Just bought my first gsa 1975 m54 runs drives has brake issues after more research it is just parking brakes I am going to pick up tomorrow in old Town Maine anyone have an abridged list of what to bring have done some homework have solid mechanical knowledge thanks

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How far of a recovery? Does it start? Couple good batteries, Fresh fuel to start with, 15w40 oil to bring up to the "full" mark, Dot 5 for the master cylinder, good set of tools, get it running and test stop a couple times, turn on the lights and drive home, no speeding. Take pictures.
JC

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Two good 1175 cca batteries will spin that right up. Make sure to charge them up. connect in series. As for speeding, an M54 going downhill w/ no brakes? You'll be speeding.......

dmetalmiki

Nice acquisition, as said, Make sure the brakes work PROPERLY before staring the journey home. Is all OK, steady run home 1750 2000 rpms will do it. Take it easy, have patience, AND..success. Post up the journey event,with pictures of the truck when yo are able. good luck.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just bought my first gsa 1975 m54 runs drives has brake issues after more research it is just parking brakes I am going to pick up tomorrow in old Town Maine anyone have an abridged list of what to bring have done some homework have solid mechanical knowledge thanks
Something is wrong here, a 1975 m54 is right at the end if not well past the end of the 39 series (a m54 is part of the 39 series) my 73m819 is in the series AFTER the 39 series, if in fact it is a LATE model m54, it would be a m54a2 with a multifuel.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Something is wrong here, a 1975 m54 is right at the end if not well past the end of the 39 series (a m54 is part of the 39 series) my 73m819 is in the series AFTER the 39 series, if in fact it is a LATE model m54, it would be a m54a2 with a multifuel.
The truck in question is an m54a1. A bunch of the trucks at this particular site were rebuilt in 1974 and 1975 and list those years as the model year, but they are from 1960's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks