• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m543-a2 injector pump

wdwjr

Hey ya all I need a little help my injector pump on 543 went broke this winter I got a new one but the nsn number on the new IP is 2910-00-116-8241 which according to TM9-2910-226-34 says it a IP for a LDT-465-1C not a LDS-465-1a my old IP part number is 10951116LDS4651A / PSB6A-90EH-5828A2. I just want to know before I go through the pain and blood loss is the new pump going to work the same or do I have the wrong new IP???
Thanks David Wilhelm

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It will work on your motor. You will probably have to play with the fuel setting to get it back to the same power level though.

wdwjr

Thanks you settled a worried mind! Now the question and you knew it was coming what do I set the fuel pressure to on the new pump so it matches the original for power or point me in the direction of the TM I need to read!?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Not really anything you can do till its on the motor. Just keep turning it up till your happy.

If you play with fuel increase, make sure you install a pyrometer. That will tell you when your going to melt your motor. I'd also recommend pulling the air filter and washing it so you have good air flow to the motor(let it dry for 2 days or so). Yes, the stock military filters are washable.