• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M543A2 front PTO

rizzo

I talked to the drive shaft place today. It will cost me about $200+ to get one made. He needs some info.

1. will the shaft go less than 500 RPM's?

2.what size are the stock u joints? will a 1000 series be strong enough? the next size up is a 1310.

thanks in advance

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
rizzo i can take some measurements this friday and send them to you. teh shaft is cheap its the ends that are costly. ill get them and send them to you if you need them

rizzo

I guess the weld together shaft is about 130 then add the ends he said.

how much can you get the ends for?

can you measure the shaft dia. and the width of the u-joint, and the lenghth fro center of u-joint to senter of u-joint? I think that is enough.

GIJoeCzar

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: M543A2 front PTO

Rizzo, I've still got that brand new M809 winch drive shaft; did you determine that it will not fit? Joe

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those M809 series winch drive shafts are like hen's teeth. You can't find them when you need them. I paid a pretty penny for the one I needed for my old USMC M817 converted to w/w.

5tonpuller

BKubu said:
Those M809 series winch drive shafts are like hen's teeth. You can't find them when you need them. I paid a pretty penny for the one I needed for my old USMC M817 converted to w/w.
:)

When I re did my shaft (was bent from some one moving it with a fork lift) The shop here told me $40 to replace the tube not the ends or the slip yoke.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i sent a scetch to you . i dont thing the shafts goes fast at all, but dont know for sure. hope this will help. looks just like some of the front 4x4 shafts i made for the F150, just longer. there tube size is the same. might be worth checking in on that one.

2deuce

front winch drive shaft

I'm interested in your measurements also. I need to have one made. Can't find one out here in Oregon and I'm willing to drive to Idaho, and Washington. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I was told that 5 ton gassers and multi-fuels used the same shaft. The 800 series is longer. Thanks, Greg

rizzo

check out these prices

e-mail:

Kevin

Thanks for the e-mail

Front chain with compression fitting $250

Winch drive shaft with u-joints on each end $425

Plus shipping

Dave Newman

www.easternsurplus.net

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:13 PM
To: dave@easternsurplus.net
Subject: MV parts

Hi, I have a M543A2. I need:

Front winch chain

Front clevis terminator for cable to chain

Front winch PTO shaft. 1.25 round to 1.5 round aprox. 74 inches long

Please respond with prices also.

Thanks

Kevin

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
$425?

:shock:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a gasser M275 from him for $750. Also bought a front and rear deuce axle for $250 and $200 respecively. Thats going back some though.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
rizzo i found a shaft no yoke for 50.00 the yoke is 6 3/8 inches front to back on mine and the cap is just a bit over 1 inch give me a shout if you are interested in the shaft

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks