• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M543A2C

FrankUSMC

gimpyrobb
I think the C in M35A2C means a dropside. He asking about the 5 ton wreaker. The letter C does not mean drop side on every thing in the military. Do not forget our beloved "M38A1C" , (M38A1 jeep with a 106 recoilless rifle).
What we should be asking is "guner51, do you happen to have any M543 manuals laying around for a fellow Marine???"
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

beaubeau

hew Guner51, Who were you with in the Corps? Iwas with the 7th.Engs., Service Co. Motor Transport. I started driving Dumps, building roads in V.N. I detonated a Mine on Oct. 68 with a load of Hot asphalt in the dump. I then graduated to T.T.s , hauling Heavy Junk for Heavy Const. I guess I drove them all! I even got to race around with a Mity Mite before we cut it up and built a mini Dragster with it!!I was Discharged in July 1971. My first M35a2 Was manufactured 2 days before my discharge,Thats if I got the VIN. right Semper Fi Phil

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Frank thanks for the info, I have no clue when it comes to anything rated under 1.25 tons. Learn something everyday here!