• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M548 not charging

Pclarkfarms

Hey guys we have two m548 as wildfire fighting rigs. One has quit charging I was wondering if anyone knew where to start troubleshooting at.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would head straight to the alternator, if there is 24 volts present on the battery lead and excite lead with the ignition on, the alt is likely inop.

snowtrac nome

as I remember that has an external regulator I will search around for my etm on it. I have access to one been trying to pimp it out to blm, they seem all hung up on thinking the bv206 is the only thing they want to use. how bad does the 548 tear up the ground I cant imagine its much worse than a small dozer.

Idunno

Is there a pressure switch mounted on the fuel filter housing? The M113s have a pressure switch mounted on the fuel filter housing that won't allow the alternator to energize unless there is fuel pressure. Just pull the plug and put a jumper wire across the two terminals and then check charge output. I would try that first.

Pclarkfarms

Thanks guys. Sorry it's been a while since I've been on. I got it working one day just messing with connections all was good. Until couple days ago. I took it out on the Texas panhandle fires and lost voltage again I was also having fuel filter problems so I'll check for that pressure switch for sure. Once again thanks for all the imput. And they really don't tear the ground up much but once a fire comes through I doubt many people are worried what the dirt looks like.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks