• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54A1 gets new paint job!!!!

AMGeneral

Just a few"new" pics of the M54A1 since I touched up a few things and re sprayed the door stars to look a bit better.

I also got the bows and canvas installed for a display this weekend.

PS,I know it's the wrong canvas,but it's the only one I have to fit a 5 ton right now.

Attachments

AMGeneral

Well folks,Thanks to one of Westech's friends I met at Haspin(I can't remember his name exactly) I have the correct bed canvas for the M54A1.

I snapped a few pics with it installed for the 4th of July parade in Glen Alpine this monday morning.

I still plan to do a bed swap soon and repint this truck again,except this time I am gonna strip it to the metal and repaint it vs spray over the existing paint.

I also plan to swap the hardtop for a new canvas softop and swap the spring seat for a box so it will be more period correct.

Attachments

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well folks,Thanks to one of Westech's friends I met at Haspin(I can't remember his name exactly) I have the correct bed canvas for the M54A1.
I snapped a few pics with it installed for the 4th of July parade in Glen Alpine this monday morning.
I still plan to do a bed swap soon and repint this truck again,except this time I am gonna strip it to the metal and repaint it vs spray over the existing paint.
I also plan to swap the hardtop for a new canvas softop and swap the spring seat for a box so it will be more period correct.
And then you plan to bring it to live with her sister in Columbus, Georgia.

Right??:beer:

Attachments

AMGeneral

That one was his to jason...took alot of beggin to shake it loose from AMG.:beer:
That's right Jason,It was the last Mack powered 5 ton to be sold from Ft Bragg DRMO,it runs like a scalded dog,the body left a little to be desired,but Papabear and the CAMO crew have put a lot of time and sweat into it and turned it into a real beauty.

I am glad it went to such a great home for a great cause.

I still bug PB for a drive every now and then.

AMGeneral

Well folks,I know this thread is old,but it is being brought back to life,cause I am gonna repaint the M54A1 again,I evidently did not get my prep work done good enough last time,because the white is starting to show through in places.

SO,I am gonna take off a few pieces at a time ,strip them to the metal,and start over repainting the truck again,while I am at it I am gonna swap the springer seat for a box,and do a few more swaps to the truck as well(bed,cabtop,tool box).
I intend to save the bed for the later upcoming Guntruck project since it already has a 3/8 piece of plate steel welded in the bed floor.

Here are a few before,after the first repaint,and the finished product after it is done will be posted later.

Attachments

Last edited:

AMGeneral

Well folks,the new owner of this truck picked it up this morning and is headed back to Va,actually as of this posting he is probably home.

I think someone spotted him near ridgecrest NC this morning.