• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54A2 help needed

Sixwheeler

Thanks for the add this week.bought a 1958 m54a2 duece and half three weeks ago . Bought not running but supposed to have two months ago from a farmer . Cant get fuel to injectors . So i have changed filters they were gummed badly, checked fuse on fuel tank pump .i got fuel to the injecton pump . I took the shutoff valve assembly out not froze up pin ok on shaft and its at the 7 oclock postion ,took center cap off to head plunger pump will shoot fuel out when turn battery power on in truck .i have broke three of the lines loose on top of injector head .its just not getting from top of head to the injectors. ive bled off at secondary filters , i am lost . I am not a mechanic but have watched lots of videos,read alot on problems on these truck fuel injection pumps . Any suggestions? Any one know someone in Indiana to help me get the truck going ? Thanks .

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you have a M39-series 5-ton cargo there, with the LDS465-1 Multifuel engine?

(If so, this thread will be moved over to the 5-ton Forum.)

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s either the button under the hydraulic head came off or it’s the bow tie shaped washer on the quill on the hydraulic head. The washer gets wallowed out and doesn’t spin correctly. There is a video online that shows how to take everything apart.

Elk1111

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On a side note...since you are going to have the injector lines off anyway. Make sure and spray them out real good also.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I second what Elk said...time to pull the HH off and see what you find. Also time to change the three Orings and never touch the thing again (hopefully).

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

AZDeuce

I currently own a M54A2, love that beast, runs great, but a decade or more ago I had a M52A2 Tractor, basically the same truck. I ran it out of fuel accidently, I had fuel to the injector pump, but it wouldn't start, so I talked to a fellow SS member and friend and he said to have soldier B crank the truck with the throttle pedal to the floor, and then loosen the fuel line at the injector until it was squirting, to get the air out of the line then stop turning over the engine, and reconnect the line, then go to the next injector , and do it all again, until you had bleed all the lines of air, and then it should start up. Worked for me!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks