• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M55A2

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an M928A1 that I could not give away for $12000. That was way too cheap for such a truck. I wish I had never parted with the truck. Joe Young once sold one for $8500. I'd probably say they will bring $8-10K.

FreightTrain

Banned
well,I don't want a 800 or 900 series truck(for one,the 900 sucks.If the Soldier is too stupid to drive a manual tranny then why the hell are you giving him a fully automatic weapon!).A M55(A1/A2) I can tag as an antique vehicle here.This is one vehicle that would only get driven every so often so even a M55 Gasser would be ok with me....but prefer a Multifuel since parts interchangability with my deuce....and they could swap fluids when no one is looking.... rofl

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should be able to tag an M809 series truck as historic, too, since all (I believe) were made more than 25 years ago. I believe they stopped making them in 1981, but maybe David Doyle can chime in to confirm this. To each his/her own, but I would choose an M939 series truck over any of the earlier trucks every day (and twice on Sunday). Their only drawbacks...they are more complex to work on, especially the A2s, and they tend to be pricey.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
FreightTrain said:
well,I don't want a 800 or 900 series truck(for one,the 900 sucks.
Are you speaking from experience? I was really doubtful about the auto in my 923, but after driving it to and from Aberdeen, I love it. I know from one of your other posts that you are anti- Cummins, but I assure you that the NHC 250 and 8.3 CTA are very stout engines.

jeli

You mean like this one? $5000. 1954 multifuel it has a bad radiator which lead to a head gasket leak.

You buy it and I'll drive it down to you in January the next time I have to go to Ft. McClellan...if it has a heater!!!!!!

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned
well,sorta SS,I am a firm HATER of automatic trannies in any truck.I like to choose what gear it needs to be in and Normally Manuals are more reliable.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The cool thing about the Allisons is you can choose what gear you are in the uphift by shifting manually (moving the automatic shift lever up to the next gear). Basically, you can control the range of gears you could be in...

R
N
1-2
1-3
1-4
1-5

I absolutely love the Allison autos and wouldn't trade one for a manual tranny ever. Don't get me wrong...I've got an addiction to the M809 series, too. By the way, in my opinion, they are the best buy on the market.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks