• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M561 Gama Goats

Ok so You put what oil in the engine and how much?
Same with the transmission, differentials,and transfer case. How much goes in them, and what kinda of fluid?
Also any special fluid to put in the steering box?
Any other fluids I should know about?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok so You put what oil in the engine and how much?
Same with the transmission, differentials,and transfer case. How much goes in them, and what kinda of fluid?
Also any special fluid to put in the steering box?
Any other fluids I should know about?[/QUOTE

I recommend you review the the manuels. The Lube Order will tell you fluid and levels.

Ok so we went down today and were working on them. Changed a tire and drained the fuel. Replaced the filters put new fuel in them and no fuel was getting to the filters. Do I have to do something special to prime it like on a deuce? Does it have a fuel pump somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

m38inmaine

When you replace the fuel filters you need to fill the canister with fuel, as much as it will take before you put the can back on. It doesn't have an electric fuel pump, it has a mechanical pump and without fuel in the filter canisters it may never prime. You may also want to check the air filter to make sure some critters have not nested in there.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
The is also a colorful PAM
DA pamphlet 750-31
I don't see it on SS, may be I missed it.
PM and I will mail it to you.
It is to big for me upload to SS

Last edited:
Thanks. I did check the air filter. We filled one of the canisters about half way full. Next time we go down and work on it we will fill both of them and i will read over the TM. Do you know where to get a replacement air filter? The one that is on it is ok, it will last for a while. Also one of out goats was at one point equipped with a cab heater.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks