• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M561 Parts ID? Original Log Book

m38inmaine

I purchased a M561 parts lot and manuals and would like to know if you would ID the parts in the photos. The last part looks like a tie rod end but no guts in it. A NOS center console with nice fresh rubber boots and data plates. Also an original -34P and a nice -20, and an original log book with the unit and operator info.
The unit was A Btry 2/62 ADA, truck number A-32 Serial 1967C. The DD1070 shows 1990 date and Steven Munor PV2 as operator. A few base made maps in the back giving directions to Ft Ord to Travis AFB, and maps to Fort Hunter Liggett and Camp Roberts.

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Me thinks the part with the pip pins is a component of the "truss kit" which fixed the carrier to the tractor to allow operation without a center wheel/tire assy in case you got a flat on any of the 6 wheel postions.

m38inmaine

Thanks NDT, you were correct, I found that in the manual, appears also to be a mate to it that I am missing. The other parts in the first picture I can't find and suspect they are not for the M561 but some other green truck.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed, I don't remember ever seeing that style of CV joint on a Goat. I don't think the truss kits were ever used, the units would just call for a 5 ton wrecker to recover, not unusual for a goat to finish a mission "on the hook".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks