• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M561 vet?

Gamagoat1

None were used ,officialy, in Viet Nam. They were tested in Thiland. But the test vehicles were not close to the vehicles we have. They were lighter and were powered by an air-cooled Chevrolet four cyl. (Corvair)
You'll hear a lot of weird stories of where they were used but ,no. Most went to Germany and England. Many were sold to Mexico and Spain after they were s---canned by the Army. The Guard had some that were used up into the 80's as did the Marines. Suposedly, the Marines had the last one they had in the first gulf war.

Last edited:

chupa

Thanks for the info'. Now I know. I recall Army or Nat. Guard having one on display at my high school in
1980 for recruiting.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks