• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m5a1 high speed tractor

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SECO Augusta, Sam Winer Motors may have ideas on these parts. The radiators (left and right) are entirely specific to this tractor.

cessnatwin

Ok been putting in to a little time here and there on the tractor if anyone cares I'm putting a couple pics up to look at! Pulled the radiators and if you were wondering it's a pain in the as# they are big and freaking heavy of course original so I sent them to a radiator shop with obvious leaks they said they are in very decent shape and ready to reinstall what a relief!

cessnatwin

Removed the water pump, fan and housings, cleaned it all up and removed the exhaust manifold and intake due to a cracked manifold, that's really not fun when it's this old and crusty!

cessnatwin

Today reinstalled the exhaust and intake I received a gasket set which I was told is impossible to find by everyone I contacted and a fellow member sd t16 who lives in the same county as I do that was great thank you this man can find hard to get parts! Installed new belts and the large fan today! Per a request I'm painting it the 319 luster less green ordered today along w the stencils!image.jpgimage.jpg

SD T16

Looking Great Chris! Glad to help!! Can't wait to have a go in the old girl!!
I forgot to ask you when I saw you the other day.... What will you be naming her?

SD

cessnatwin

This thing is an addiction that you don't need it obsesses you it stresses you it peels your money out of your account, you crave eat sleep and breath your next fix! The tracks need new rubber so they scar pavement!!!

​track marks

cessnatwin

For any one who cares about old tracks! I finally had the time today to install the last radiator and fill her up w 15 gallons off coolant a few hose clamps here and there and hit the starter switch primed and choked her and she came alive sounding pretty good with the cracked exhaust fixed and all new belts hoses and gaskets gonna finish the body panel assemblies next and paint her

Attachments

waayfast

The folks at Starpoint (www.militarytracks.com), specialize in putting new rubber on your old track pads.
I drove out there in 2015 and met Greg and the crew--really good folks there and they know their stuff.

They did a set for Steve Greenberg's Stuart tank. He seems to like the finished product and was happy with the price. You may find threads about it on here or over at the G503 site. Hope this helps.

Jim

Last edited:

L1A1

You mentioned having installed replacement belts. Are the belts NOS or did you source them from a shop somewhere? M5A4 looks nice,BTW.

Matt

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking machine and it runs. How did you run up on such a unmolested beauty. All the ones I have seen have been Bubbarized by the power company or some shade tree mechanic!

Guyfang

Staff member
No, I am not.

The forum rules do not allow you to sell in an open thread. The forum rules also require you to upgrade your membership to go into the biz of selling things. I would suggest that you read the forum rules before you try selling things in the forum.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks