• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M6 High Speed Tractor

milspecind

Recovered a M6 HST last year that needs a lot of parts I have picked up 2 GZ145 engines
but still need intake and exhust manifolds and lots of other parts. Worked on Rob and Richard at Sam Winners gotten some parts also Ebay. I do not know how many are left I have been told maybe 4 including mine It is serial # 18 so it is a early 1944 . M4 hst use the same engine
clutch and manifolds and torque coverters . Any leads would be a great help I recovered this in Everson Washington state it was used in the logging industries and is know at my yard in Mission BC . I will try and get some pictures posted soon. My son posted a bunch of short
films on youtube titled M6 high speed tractor
Rick

milspecind

Your welcome we have some bush recoveries to do next year for tank undercarriages . They are old logging equipment that have been left in the woods up here. Hopefully we will be able to video it and post it. We just got a 1944 white 444T truck some outfit extended the frame and put an extra axel on it. My son did a walk around of it in our yard and put it on you tube
under white 444t
Rick

T212Bill

I need a complete bogey assy. It is for the M6 that I gave the info to Dan J about. There was a complete spar based on a M6 at the head of Kootenay Lake, but it got scrapped out with no parts saved. I have leads on 2 more, but don't know what they are yet, or where they are! Yet!

milspecind

There is 2 on Vancouver island I was told but have to chase them down. There is also a couple up country to check out next year. Are you restoring an m6 ? or fixing a yarder. Dan J
is a wast of time . How complete is your m6
Rick

T212Bill

This one is pretty complete, but has a huge set of winches, fuel tanks and other crap mounted on it. The right track is separated and the lead bogey is missing. The cab, engines and radiators were all there. I'm going up to check it out before the snow flies, I hope. I hope to salvage it before the scrappers get to it. Like I said, I need a bogey to move it or move the next one to the front to get it mobile.

milspecind

The only reason I have not brought it down was because of the road condition and a bridge . The cost was not an issue I just talk to the contractor that will bringing it down and
he told me today that the bridge will be repaired in the next couple of months and they will bring it out. They are starting logging beyond it in the spring. That's the reason it has taken
so long that and the short window of time between snow falls.

T212Bill

If you are going to get it for sure, I won't pursue it any further. If you change your mind let me know because there is a fellow in the UK that is hot to get one. I have the equipment lined up to haul it out.

milspecind

Hi
Yes Im getting it for sure I have a heavy equipment contractor in the slocan valley that I have been working with for the last couple of years.
We have been working out a way to get it down but now since there going to start logging past were it is they are going to rebuild the road and rebuild the bridge
that it needs to cross. Im shipping track and bogies up next week so they canl get it ready to pull out. I need it to try and make one out of the two .
I was never told you were one that found it all I saw was apicture and told it was in the slocan valley. I located it through a network heavy duty mechanics I know and was told about a mechanic in the slocan valley
that new all about it . He went up and took more pictures of it for me and we have working it out how to get it out now it is all coming to gether I will keep you posted

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks