• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M60 Not Starting

Somemedic

Gents....

This tank ain't mine but I've been helping wrench on.

Veh ran until parked over 10 years ago. Old fuel has been removed, new batteries and fuel have been installed.

Motor starts on ether and a cup of diesel poured into the intake. Accelerator to the floor on start, saw about 1800rpm at one point but not while ether was being sprayed.

Have good fuel coming out of the return line. Pulling the power plant isn't the favored option but unless someone has a better it may be the only viable option. It's unknown if the fuel pump is the issue.

Thoughts?

dmetalmiki

Sounds like a fuel problem of, filter/s? lines? pump. There is no picture though you do say "this tank", post a picture of Which tank is "this tank" It might give a clue to someone of knowledge of a particular problem type.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rack in the injector pump is probably stuck in the shutdown position.
Second that diagnosis, sitting that long, fuel has long turned to tar/varnish, may have to pull the fuel system accessories and clean/ purge them. At least it is not locked up.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a fuel problem of, filter/s? lines? pump. There is no picture though you do say "this tank", post a picture of Which tank is "this tank" It might give a clue to someone of knowledge of a particular problem type.
M60

It's in the first post. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks