• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62 front fender light WANTED

2deuce

I'm looking for the red light that rides on the front fender. My truck had it on the right fender, but I've seen others on the left between the turn signal and the hood.
Thanks,
Greg

2deuce

Sorry I don't have a picture of my own. Every one I've seen (they have only been in pictures)has had the red light on the left fender between the turn signal and the hood. The holes in my fender are present, but I need the light and the bracket it goes in. Does anybody have one of the brackets? 4 holes in a plate and the loop that goes over the light. Probably all the same whether they are for turn signals or blackout lights, but for a truck from the 50's.
Thanks,
Greg

2deuce

Nice Trucks. Those big tires look great. When you get one of those lights off let me know and I'll get you my address so you can send it.
Seriously, my guess is that you can turn on that red light when you are facing traffic, but it doesn't seem to be really needed.
Greg

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I believe that light, which is supposed to be on the left fender, is actually amber. (I'll have to look at mine to be sure). It is a flashing light, controlled by a switch in the cab. It is served as a warning light that is was a wrecker (this was engineered and entered production long before the army was using convoy lights and other rotating beacons on vehicles other than fire trucks).

Wreckers, being assigned to maintenance personnel, were/are subject to many more really nicely done modifications than the average cargo truck, because the personnel had the tools, equipment and resources to make them. My wrecker has had, among its many service mod, an identical second lamp added on the right (passenger's) side.

But, to answer the original question, sorry, don't have an extra one.

Regards,
David Doyle

2deuce

That is interesting info. My truck has a rotating beacon but its more modern than my truck. My truck has a blackout light on the right fender but no lense for it. If I had another bracket like the one that holds on my blackout light, I could get one of those wrecker lights fron Saturn Surplus. Hopefully somebody has the original, that would be best.

dmetalmiki

M62 light

the guy that spotted the color as YELLOW has it!(right). mine had the warning light on front wing! (fender..) and is a warning kight. (no use in the uk where the turn signals are yellow!) or ....in U.S. come to think.. I removed mine. the lamp was identical to the jeep fender light (circa 50/60s) with the curved bar over the top.) where it was located signified NOTHING to civilian drivers..warning/flashing/awareness lamps ARE better on top of cab. (rotators) for wrecker trucks. Mandatory when slow towing in U.K.

2deuce

RE: M62 light

I don't see them there, but Saturn has something close and they call it a wrecker light. Still looking for the priginal.
Thanks

2deuce

Thanks for the pictures. That mount base is what I need for sure. The light from Saturn I think would work if I can't find an original. As per the holes in the fender my turn signal and wrecker light are mounted side by side on my M62.

JB

2deuce I think I have one of those brackets if it is what i think it is it is NOS. Give me acouple days to get a pic & post it. Let me know if interested. I'll see if a light i in my pile of lights that I have.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks