• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62 / M543 Wrecker Question

corsairguru

What's the maximum usable lift height for the crane on these trucks? I'm about to assemble some metal buildings (aircraft hangars), and I'm trying to use this as an excuse to purchase a surplus wrecker. :wink: The tallest building has an 18' eve. Any chance an M62 could lift the sections of steel framing that high before running out of usable lift height?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You are building a hangar and your screen name is "corsair Guru".......

I think it goes without saying we expect to see some pics!!!!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
get a 246 or a 819, thay both have a 26' boom, that should get you high enough

No.2Diesel

[thumbzup] Very simple but very functional. That really gets me thinking how I can add a similar light duty extension to the M819s boom :cookoo: It would be more difficult due to the boom ending with a pulley structure and not just a tube. hmmm... can't put it on the side, don't want to create torsional loads...bottom is out of the question.... the top! How far in the tube if the existing boom is it? Maybe an upside down "dolphin-striker" and cable could be employed although installation and removal time would increase. hmmm....

Had no idea you did such stuff with wood. I appreciate your craftsmanship.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks