• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62 R6602 Governor Diagram etc

martinwcox

Hi All,

I acquired a 1953 M62 Wrecker with the R6602 motor.

The governor on the carburetor is not plumbed into anything.

Do any of the TM's show the 'plumbing' etc. I do know on the M62 there is an additional solenoid operated that's also part of the operation.

TIA for any information.

Regards,

Martin.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I lead the rebirth of Swiss's 55 m62, we gave up on the vacuum governors (really 1 with 2 different controls), both the one on the power divider and the one on the distributor, we could not keep the engine running due to the rear one that had MANY vacuum leaks, so the lines to that were cut and caped, the front did NOTHING as governing the rpm, when the rpm got to TM rpm+200, there was NO governed affect, after some adjustment and fiddling, it was plain to see that we had more issues then worth trying to fix it, either froze up, just broke, vacuum leaks, ect., so we then disconnected and plugged the total governing system. This is the best thing we did to the old girl, she runs great. The governing is not really needed, If you can NOT drive and operate the rear USING the TACH and NEED the governor to operate, then you have NO business using the 62 in the first place. The 62 has been to the GA. rally twice, a good 2+ hrs each away, never a issue of over taching, setting the rear work between 750 and 1000 rpm with slight work rpm adjustments works great. The rebirth took place about 10 years ago, till now there has been NO issues due to governing system disconnection.

There ARE 3 solenoids on the 62, NONE for the vacuum system.
1-For horn
2-The master that is on the right frame rail next to the trans.
3-For the brake work lock

Call me if you want - 703-389-6705, Ron

Last edited:

martinwcox

Ron,

That's great information.

Probably was deleted in this truck also but I was just curious.

If I run into problems I will certainly give you a call.

The old girl needs some TLC, just getting her to the point of running and driving so I can get her back home, luckily only 11 miles away.

Cheers,

Martin.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sounds like she had a tough life, DO NOT even think of driving her home until you KNOW that the brakes are OK, and she builds/holds air, I would STRONGLY suggest that you have her TOWED home, there are about 100 reasons why. 11 miles is no different then 1111 miles if a event happens.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks