• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m62 wrecker in Michigan

mbal

I just purchased a 1968 m62 ( i think?) wrecker, the truck runs very well but i can't figure out how to get the hydralics to work on it. I do own the manual but the power dividier isn't labeled in the cab and i am unable to identify it the manual. if anyone is able to help me with the procedure to get the pto and hydralics to work let me know.
thanks in advance matt

TedG

Where in MI?

Great truck series also! Once you figure it out, you will be called at all hours of the day and night for help!

Regards,

mbal

I am in linwood mi, about 7 miles north of baycity mi.
We figured out the hydralics this morning and boy am i impressed. This truck looks like it is going to be very versatile in our fleet, we plan on doing some off road recoveries with it. We have had times during winter were we couldn't get the wreckers down a lot of the back roads and this should solve that. I will try and get some pics of it on here tommorow, then probably next week she is going in for a paint job. Thanks and i will try to keep you guys updated on the progress.
matt
tims towing and bodyshop
www.midmichigantowing.com

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heavier than homemade sin. I'd get chains for it, with them it will be pretty much worthy of it's name. They sink like a rock in mud but if the ground is frozen and with chains, it'll do real well. I have it's baby brother, the M108 and it is indespensible.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Having mired a M62, I can verify what Kenny said. Mine sank to the doors on ground I drove an 2 1/2 ton 6x6 across without breaking through the grass.

Don't try to make it run over about 50, and keep in mind that it will take a WAYS to stop it.

All this being said, I've never hooked to anything that I couldn't make her pull.

Regards,
David Doyle

mbal

I know it will have some limitations with its weight, so i am just going to have to keep that in mind and hopefully there will be some trees around me just in case. I have some pics of a fedex truck that ended up on some of the trails in our area. His map said that the trail was a rd, but trust me i would never drive anything like this or even a car down there. He was about three miles in and i had to walk it becouse i didn't feel safe trying to bring a wrecker down the trail. I ended up using our 100ft of extra wire rope, 3 snatch block, and i comealong. i think that in this case the truck would have made it a lot easier on me.

Attachments

citizensoldier

Yes congrats! I am in Northern Michigan but have spent allot of time in your area Duck Hunting over the years. Where did you get the M62? Just curiouse where it came from.
Welcome to the board.. The Mid Michigan Motor Pool section of the GLMVPA would love to have you if interested. Most of there guys are located in Midland and the Bay City area then west to the Clare area.

citizensoldier

That truck looks pretty darn nice!!. You could stick a multi in it if that gasser eats you up $$$$.. Very nice.
Wiffle Tree, all the lights, boom uprights, good find... You wanna park it in my yard for a couple weeks? I sure could use that crane for some projects.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like an M543A2 or -A1. Thats not an M62 boom and the stack and aircleaner indicate Mack or Multifuel power. Looks like a nice truck though.

mbal

Your right i looked at the tag it said m543a2 and it is a multifuel. The tag says its manufactured by kaiser.

citizensoldier i think i sent you a pm, if not let me know

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stay excited! I'm on a mission to have my M108 at the FL rally. I know it's no 5 ton but the compactness and ability will really sell folks on its worth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks