• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62

m.walker

M62 Brought Home !!!

I bought an M62 from a friend and after the usual clean the plugs , gas and brake fluid , it was driveable . No top 32 degrees I drove it home 65 miles ( serious OD disease ! ) . Other than a minor antifreeze leak , the trip was hassle free . The crane works great we used it to load two tires on the back ( FUN ) . It came with a new old top but it's a little tight . I think I want a hard top . It also came with new cable and drive shaft for the front winch . The level wind is in one of the side boxes . It has almost all of the kit with it too ! Not too bad of shape , a little body work , and it's going lusterless olive drab , my M52 and my louiseville is too . Then they will all be marked from a tranport unit from viet nam . Many Thanks to Steve and Dale ! Mark

Attachments

Last edited:

m.walker

I forget which unit but I was looking at some pics on line and they had shots of some 5 tons and wreckers so I thought that would be the most realistic ! Whats yours look like ? I'm going to put my 5 ton back on the 1100x20's so it looks original , and sell off the 16x20's . I'm going to put markings and stars on all of them . I forget who's truck this is , but this is what I want them to look like .

Attachments

Last edited: