• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62

m.walker

M62 Brought Home !!!

I bought an M62 from a friend and after the usual clean the plugs , gas and brake fluid , it was driveable . No top 32 degrees I drove it home 65 miles ( serious OD disease ! ) . Other than a minor antifreeze leak , the trip was hassle free . The crane works great we used it to load two tires on the back ( FUN ) . It came with a new old top but it's a little tight . I think I want a hard top . It also came with new cable and drive shaft for the front winch . The level wind is in one of the side boxes . It has almost all of the kit with it too ! Not too bad of shape , a little body work , and it's going lusterless olive drab , my M52 and my louiseville is too . Then they will all be marked from a tranport unit from viet nam . Many Thanks to Steve and Dale ! Mark

Attachments

Last edited:

m.walker

I forget which unit but I was looking at some pics on line and they had shots of some 5 tons and wreckers so I thought that would be the most realistic ! Whats yours look like ? I'm going to put my 5 ton back on the 1100x20's so it looks original , and sell off the 16x20's . I'm going to put markings and stars on all of them . I forget who's truck this is , but this is what I want them to look like .

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks