• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m62

jayjetseck

going to look at a 1953 m62 (wrecker) next weekend it looks a little ruff in the pics ... exhaust is not original and its a gasser title reads its an international but that didnt seem right . curious if anyone had a idea on what a good price would be ..its suppose to run but i always assume the worst but maybe a paintjob some hoses and some love .. let me know what you think a fair price is .. there asking 5000 ???

vtdeucedriver

If it really is your description.........................good price!!!!! Even though its a gasser, what you put into it, you will get it back if you need to get rid of it. If you buy it, post and let us know and I will welcome you to the WRECKER CLUB:-D

m.walker

When you get it and start using it you'll understand why they cost so much . Moving heavy items around is a blast , instead of a lot of work . I played with mine a little when a friend owned it , then I had to have it . It took a while but when he decided to sell , it was mine !

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
My m62 is a 1953 International Harvester.
Originally a gasser, converted to multifuel in 1989 by toole depot.

drjconley

my m62 is a 1953 and it was converted to a multifuel. i just paid 5000 last year, it did blow a head gasket and i paid 700 to get it home. so, i guess i paid more around 5000 plus 700 plus gaskets and head work.
jim

vtdeucedriver

Mine is a 53 Diamond T and its still a gasser. It was surplused out in 2001 and I bought it for $5000.00. The govt had a depot rebuild just before. Got a lot of new suspension parts in the rear and has the updated steering...........(that is sweet!!!!!) Could not ask for a better truck.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although I have but a puny M108, I can tell you that life around here would never be the same without it. It has given me the ability to make a privacy fence with engine cans.