• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m63a2

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
There is no such thing as a M63A2 manufactured by BMY.

A M63 is a five-ton G744 cab and chassis. The G744 series trucks were replaced by the 800 series trucks, and they were in turn replaced by the 900 series. BMY started building five tons with the 900 series - so the M63A2 is about 20 years removed from BMY.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here's a pic of the data plate from Dave Newman's truck. Neat looking truck. The "manufactured by" and "contract no" are blank.

Dave's listing says:
1980 M-63A2 5 Ton Military Cargo Truck manufactured by BMY (division of Harsco Corporation)

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That NSN is not a valid one.. My guess is that it is a preproduction model that never made it to production, or morphed into the M923.... if it was build in the 1980's, it would of had a NSN with a 01 in it.. That has a FSN given prior to 1974/75.. Something is very fishy...

country

Supporting Vendor
M63A2 is how we got this truck, #'s are as they appeared on the original 97 and subsequent title.

we have sold tis truck 2 times and are ow listing it on cosnignment for a 3rd

it has LOTS and LOTS of power, really fast, lightweight, air brakes, and alot of fun to drive

Dave

country

Supporting Vendor
repost with correct spellings..........sorry

M63A2 is how we got this truck, #'s are as they appeared on the original 97 and subsequent title.

we have sold this truck 2 times and are now listing it on consignment for a 3rd

it has LOTS and LOTS of power, really fast, lightweight, air brakes, and alot of fun to drive

Dave

papercu

M63A3

Did anyone find out more on this truck? My friend in Florida just emailed me saying he bought a 1980 BMY 5t and I think it might be the same truck. Wayne

JDToumanian

BMY started building five tons with the 900 series - so the M63A2 is about 20 years removed from BMY.
Could it be a one-off G744 series truck that was RE-manufactured BMY? Maybe a test to see if the military wanted to update the older 5-ton trucks ala the M35A3 project?

papercu

M62

My Friend down in Fla. has got his truck and sent me some pictures of it. He's had it repainted from the tan color that Dave at Eastern had it in. You can see his M109 on the other side of it. He has a Army Surplus store in Coco Beach Fla. and uses them as mainly for display. Wayne

Attachments

Cdub

Wow.......that really does have a very good look'n Cab design.......and the luvers are an excellent touch to the hood......

C'dub

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks