• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M656 Ford 8X8 5 ton carrier to buy?

Alwaysfixin

Funny u said that. I read ur story bout getting your new 8x 8 that week a guy from California put one for sale in calgary. 250miles hook lift 53" rubber 400hp d dec two. I traded a dodge Dually for a busted up Mack truck for this 757 I love it and am lucky it's mint. U guys all stay in touch with me if u see parts. Let me know if there is anything I can help with too.
Yall be good

Alwaysfixin

I'm positive it's longer than a m35 bed. Either way I'm so lucky it's in the condition it is. I run it everyday. Pulling my 6070 new holland and excavator to site and on the weekends we load the troops in the back n go shooting. Biggest mistake I ever made was wasting time on civilian vehicles! Military strong for me. Plus my fifty looks sick locked up in there

Stalwart

An M35 bed doesn't compare. A 656 bed is all aluminum with 3 fold down sides & rear, integrated fold out aluminum seats with steps when in the down position and air seals to keep water out.

FUT1.jpgFUT2.jpgFUT3.jpg

Scott, good to hear its back on the road, last time I heard it was in poor shape.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally responded to your PM, Alwaysfixin, here are a few pictures of my 757,2013 0718 xm757 meadows of dan shut down.jpg2013 0527 xm757 max rpm stencil.jpg2013 0315 meadows of dan, getting 8x8 inspected (1).jpg

Keep an eye on the rpm, it's easy to overrev if you select the wrong gear.
I love driving mine too...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This tag is not an xm757, but the m656. The previous owner may have wanted to convert it to a road tractor before finding the M35 bed and marked up the tag.
This is the xm757 tag:
2006 0926 xm757 door tags, not an m656.jpg

mogsterboy

I got one (m656) and manual lets talk

8x8 003.jpg8x8 002.jpg8x8 004.jpg8x8 001.jpgI have a m656 fair shape no bed ,no top needs 1 shock ,1 tire ,1 pto cable repaired and some love and rubbing also complete manual pics to follow
I'd love to see suspension/axle/steering pics...I'd like to build and 8x8 from deuce parts for offroading.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks