• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 installed on M35 pics.

Madfarmersson

Well I found the time to put the ring and cab plate on.
It was not as hard as I was expecting, it took about
20 minutes for the ring. the hardest thing was putting the frount leg on.
I still do not have the right front leg, but the leg I have did not mount up to bad. I had to make my own U-bolts. As for the cab plate, a lot of drilling!
I did have some trouble with the rivets, some would seporate after the first couple of strokes of the rivet gun, but a couple of mom's dinner forks and they worked ok, see in the photos.100_1564.jpg

100_1565.jpg

100_1566.jpg

100_1567.jpg

100_1568.jpg

100_1569.jpg
Madfarmersson.

Vintage iron

That is what that reinforcement plate is for! I see them for sale on the SS classifieds. I want a gun ring, but can find them for a fair price.

KsM715

That is what that reinforcement plate is for! I see them for sale on the SS classifieds. I want a gun ring, but can find them for a fair price.
Reinforcement, Duh :p (sorry couldn't help it)

The gun ring is heavy. I've heard that if you actually get to shoot a M2 off the ring it will eventually crack the cab without the plate installed.

I wouldnt want to have the ring without the plate, even for just driving around.

bullfrog1234

it has to be well secured and mounted before shooting a 50 off of it. Mine shock the entire truck. Watch the fingers. I have several more in my barn to go on trucks just waiting. Maybe when it is not so hot outside.:D

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be doing this soon as well. Did you have any issues lining up the rivets with your drilled holes?

Madfarmersson

Castle Bravo I predrilled the holes in the plate, then once the plate was in place I drilled the
holes in the cab, I hope that was what you were asking. The ring was the first thing I wanted for my truck but could not get the ca$h to get one tell now.

Madfarmersson.

bullfrog1234

I have to clean my goodie barn out for wife things, so I have to install or sell all my collections!!!, but I reall y don't need all the stuff I have. :-o

flyusn99

M66

That reinforcing plate is an absolute must, after mounting my M66 looking up through my gun-roof while driving down the road you can really tell how much weight is up there by how much the mount shimmies and moves around. Can't wait to get some rounds down range though...
Congrats on getting yours mounted! Also, keep in mind that alot of the time we use whatever is available and functional in the military, not just the only correct item. So while you might not technically have the "correct" front leg, if what you have works, rock on. Chances are someone else has mounted a similar set-up in the past...

James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks