• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 Ring Mount for M35A2

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Did you bid?

readyman

$700 for the M66 and $430 for the legs.

Sellers market now.
Seems like either there's ton's of stuff floating around cheap when I'm not buying,
or scarce high priced stuff available when I'm ready.

readyman

:(
The M66 Ring Mount wouldn't turn so we disassembled it and it's missing half the roller bearings and retainers. When it was demill torched looks like half the bearings fell out and got lost. Without the M66 data plate I can't find any mfg.
Does anyone have the dope on the roller bearings used or where to source(mfg) them.

It's unusual to look at all the M66 gov't publications :!: and find no info on this guy or even an exploded parts view. While on the other hand the M35A3 is completely described with exploded parts views from bumper to bumper every nut and bolt.

It uses crossed roller bearings similar to a Timken Tapered roller bearing, only on a big scale. So the bearings aren't tapered just .620x.620 dia. steel roller bearings.
Of course the 40 inch race diameter is the killer, looks like a large equipment bearing mfg.
I know someone will be selling a skidload of these on Ebay, after I'm done final assembly.

hot rod deuce

Hey im not sure about your area but around here we have a place called "bearings and drives" thats all they deal in. if you can get any kind of number off the bearing i would bet they can find it. they can take mill numbers on seals and bearing all over the truck and turn them into good numbers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks