• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 Ring Mount for M35A2

readyman

HRD,
Yeah we are in an industrial park but these are out of scale for what anybody here handle. Berry Bearings and such. More like construction equipment slewing bearings.
Did you get a manual? Any bearing specs? I tried all the numbers on the bearing cage and none come up. And the TM is classified...

hot rod deuce

No manuals but when it gets here i can get the numbers off the tag for you. Hey i noticed that yours has square corners, or is that just brackets. About where do they sit over the cab, height and side to side. (dont think you had any finished pics.

I plan on mounting mine to the frame with channel legs rather than the army's way. Getting lots of hours in the crew cab and dont want to mess it up by hanging 500 lbs of machine gun gear on the lid.

So do you plan on finighing the "M3HB" or just a dummy? Im in the middle of doing a 1919a4 and realy wana try the M3 aircraft to Heavy barrel thing like you were talking about. Kinda waiting for one of those group buys to come along on M3HB.net.

readyman

That pic was just some plastic to mock things up, I'll post an update with the real thing. Spent $75 to waterjet a bigger better 3/8 steel plate for more support you may want to look at. I had to design stuff real carefully to support the demil weld areas on the ring, so it'll look a little different.

I couldn't wait for a gb, we needed a winter project and Gryphos set us up real good without a group buy. Gotta remember the truck started out as a BOV.
Yup, got a vacuum formed dummy, resin gun, and a broomstick/2 x 4 for under the M2 canvas cover. :)

hot rod deuce

is Gryphos very negotiable on his prices or are those firm numbers? I will never go to sarco again, they sent me a 1919 kit and what a joke, waiting on one from OOW

readyman

HRD,
Here are pic's of the larger 3/8 triangular plate we made. The smaller original one and the leg were bent from use. Look's like a perfect place for a cupholder huh?

See the barrel holder gizmo on the left?

I'm pretty much stopped here until I get some dope on the crossed roller bearings for this guy. :cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks