• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 ring mount reference pictures

Aswayze

When I started putting together the parts and such for my M66 ring mount I was somewhat frustrated by the lack of useful pictures on the web but managed to muddle through the process. Dave T is putting a ring on another truck and just encountered the same issue trying to figure out what goes where and how so I shot a few pictures of mine and figured I would post them here as well so that in the future it will be easier for everyone to find. I further encourage other M66 ring owners to do the same since more pics just makes things easier on everyone.

so, without further ado:

DSCN0556.jpg

Driver side leg. This is a straight leg and is the only one that needs an adapter plate, the other two just sit on the arms. You can, apparently, rotate the ring over and over again and eventually end up with more bolts that line up. I was willing to settle with how this worked out. If I end up needing more, I'll just add them with Mr. Drill.

DSCN0551.jpgDSCN0555.jpg

Front leg. This one is the "crooked" leg. As you can see, the ring bolts right to it. On mine, I had to trim the bottom of the leg to get the ring down low enough. If you have them, this is also where the barrel clips go.

DSCN0553.jpgDSCN0554.jpg

Pass rear leg. This one again just sits on the arm itself without an adapter plate.

DSCN0558.jpgDSCN0557.jpg
A few pictures showing relative ending position and height over the cab. Mine is sitting probably lower than it needs to be but I offroad plenty and would rather not see what happens when I hang this one on a branch.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks