• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 Ring Mount

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where in PA are you? I have one. Ring mount and the 3 legs.. Needs some small stuff, but ring turns very well, no rust. I'm 45 min from Matamoras PA...

bbbang

Hate to admit it, but I bought one on eBay. Crane Technology Inc., has got one advertised on their web site but they want in excess of $2,000, plus shipping. That hurts.

littlebob

RE: Re: M66 Ring Mount

Not an answer to the post, but has anyoneone made up a list of everything needed for the mount? I know I didn't realize untill recently that there was a cab
reinforcement that should be installed also. I want to get one at some point and want to make sure I know the total cost and availability before I start buying pieces.
littlebob

MilitaryRestoration

three different legs, u-bolts to hold onto cab, one plate extension that bolts to top of right leg then to the ring, ring itself, ammo box holders(usually found or already on legs), cradle for application you are going to us (weapon of choice), cab reinforcement plate, leg holder right by exhaust stack if not already on truck but I have never not seen one in place...Should be all you need. Hope this helps...you can also search for my post about our installation with pictures not too long ago if that would be of more help

nickd

I was fortunate to locate an NOS complete leg kit that included all of the pieces except the cab reinforcement plate and the ring. I aquired the ring separatly along with the cab plate. The leg kit also included 2 brackets to mount ammo cans to the ring mount along with the flat plates that go between the legs and the ring itself and a bag of hardware. If you want to add convoy lights to the ring mount, the inner sleeve of the convoy light slides into the ring mount leg with no modifications.

MVtrucker

I have a nice one here in Southern NJ that includes legs and cradle, but no cab reinforcement plate. $2000.00 or less, picked up here.