• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M66 ring seat cushion , brass deflector

flyxpl

I bought a M66 ring and it came with a good seat back cushion and brass deflector . I was going to look into having some of these made since I have some rings that do not have these . I am sure the more I have made the cheaper the guy could make them . Trying to get an idea how many of you would be interested getting this stuff made . after I come up with a number I will look into cost . The brass deflector looks simple . The back cushion is a little more complicated .

I will take them to upholstery shop here in a few days .

Attachments

Last edited:

jwaller

I have been able to find originals for both mine but it took years. You should be able to sell these like hot cakes esp on ebay. I have set more backrests and brackets without the covers so maybe I should buy a few to outfit them and resell them.

put me down for 1 of each.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have found 10 or so brass catchers in decent shape and only a few cushons. They all go very fast when put up for sale.

dabtl

I kind of follow Austin Aviation in looking for M66 parts. Rarely does a cushion appear. When it does, sold quickly.

I made a couple of dozen of the cab reinforcement plates and sold them quickly. Another member made more and sales were also brisk.

I suspect there is a market for 50 or more of the cushions and brass deflectors.

jwaller

I kind of follow Austin Aviation in looking for M66 parts. Rarely does a cushion appear. When it does, sold quickly.

I made a couple of dozen of the cab reinforcement plates and sold them quickly. Another member made more and sales were also brisk.

I suspect there is a market for 50 or more of the cushions and brass deflectors.
exactly what he said, you make them and they will come.

flyxpl

This is a site I keep an eye on also . I have never seen a cushion for sale , so they must go fast . I see the metal portion of the seat back often and brass deflector brackets . One thing I need to clarify is I plan on getting the fabric part of the brass deflecter made , and the seat back cover and cushion only . Guys will need to have the metal part of the seat back ( wich I see on Austin Aviation all the time ) They will also need to spring that gives the brass deflector shape .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks