• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m66 ringmount availability

ida34

Hi all,
I have a very fragile deal going for an uncut M-66 ringmount. I already have the legs and only need the mount and the small triangle plate. The deal is for $850 plus shipping costs right now. My question is should I move heaven and earth to make this happen or are they fairly easy to find from time to time? I also would like to find one closer to MI. Thoughts please. If I can find one closer in the next few months then I would let this one go. I have to make a decision by this afternoon. Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks
Chuck

ida34

That is pretty much why I was looking for one closer. If you don't mind telling, what did you have to pay for shipping. My shipping costs would be smaller because of it piggy backing with some people making the trip anyway.

readyman

We paid $270 for shipping. Currently the deuces with M66 mounts are busting themselves apart from the 525 lbs. swinging up overhead(w/M2, w/ammo). The gov't comm's I read say get the lightweight ring mount or reinforce the cab. But I have not seen the reinforcing TM's or pics. I'm gonna take it real easy driving with the mount.
All that weight is u-bolted to some really thin cab sheet metal, might need some good old fashioned engineering after mounting.https://www.logsa.army.mil/pub/psissues/612/612-02-04.pdf

ida34

My cab is reinforced. It even still has the bolts from when the ringmount was removed prior to it going to DRMO. The U bolts for the cab are still attached to the back of the cab but they used a grinder to cut them in two to remove the legs. I have plate metal attached to the doorframe that also attached to the back of the cab on both sides. I have seen other trucks and this one has reinforcement I have not seen on other trucks. I got lucky as this one definately had a ringmount properly mounted before I got it. I have plans to take pictures of the reinforcement and post them.

Chuck

ida34

Slow connection with not reply, slow connection with no reply, slow connection with no reply. I will post the pictures three times also. Give me some slack. Don't make me pull this duece over!!! :x aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks