• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M68 Ring Mount for M35A2? for M2 Browning

gunnersmate

I have looked through ever single relevant tech manual and can't find any information at all on the M68 Ring Mount (mind you M68 not M66) Will it fit on an M35A2? It's dated 1956 so pre-M35A2 but I can't even find any information with M37's or cckw's with M68 ring mount. Does anyone have any information?

Jeepsinker

Should fit if it has provisions for three mounting points. I know the m49 and m66 rings both fit the deuce, so I don't know why the 68 wouldn't. And the m49 is a LOT older design than the 66.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-1005-245-14 with all the Army's weapon mounts dated up to 1973 is what you are looking for. Getting it is tricky, it's not a widely published item so I've scanned any pages they had about it...only 3. I skimmed through mine and it doesn't list the vehicle applications for the "M68 series mounts" and only lists one ring: M68/M68E1 and is clearly for armored vehicles. Thicker, rear bar (for holding onto while climbing on top of a tank), no support legs only short ones, part of a bigger setup, and no installation instructions. Basically not a unit level install and will not fit a deuce. Best thing to do is take pictures and post them here so we can check against other sources to verify exactly what it is. If anything save yourself some work and trade it to someone for an M66 gunring. The m66 ring is heavy for a deuce to begin with..cant imagine an even heavier one on that cab.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
:tigger:

If you have the ring itself you can fab the rest. The legs are just thick wall pipe and all the gussets and plates can be fabricated if you can find the line drawings or another mount to use as a pattern.
A lot of "Gate Guardian" vehicles have the mounts in place if you can find one near you. You can get the measurements from them. The pintle mounts are available but sometimes pricey. I just saw one for sale at the MVPA show at Tannehill last weekend.