• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 cuts out over 30mph

50shooter

Thanks for more good ideas. I've replaced the cond. and points with no change in performance. Replacing the dist. and cap are not good options just yet as they are pricey on these old 24V trucks.

Timing has entered my mind a few times and may run it to a friend who has a light.

May try to rig a bypass on the mech pump to see if that changes anything.

Drove it to the farm and it pulled along at 47mph with no issue as long as I didn't get into the gas all at once. That was a good sign I thought.

As always, thanks for the advise.
Jason

NMC_EXP

If you rule out the fuel system, you might want to consider changing the coil. I seem to recall that a coil can fail gradually and when partially failed can cause power loss under load.

Re: distributor caps - if a cap is cracked and it is arcing internal to the cap sometimes "carbon tracks" or sooty streaks can be seen on the inner surface of the cap.

Regards

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks