• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m715 fuel tank..

LOWGEAR

Working on a m715 fuel tank, and it has a build up of tar or oil in the bottom of it blocking the pick up tube. What can I use to clean this build up out of this tank? :?

Barrman

Do what Chris suggested or take it to a radiator shop. Tell them you want it cleaned out and all holes patched.

I had mine done a few years ago by a local machine shop for $55 or so.

Barrman

Oh, check the sock on the end of the pickup tube once you get the tank cleaned. It will probably be really plugged up. You can change it out for one off a more modern vehilce, remove it and add a filter to the fuel line on the frame next to the tank or remove it and let crud get into your fuel pump. Another good location for a filter is the hose between the frame and engine above the front axle and below the carb.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks