• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 Owners Near Wisconsin

VenomInjected

Hey guys,

Well... long story short... I did a 66 Chevy C10 with a 5.3L "LS" swap... it however did not fix my olive drab itch. I'm looking for a happy alternative... smaller then a deuce and still a ragtop.:)

I'd like to simply just have any current m715 owners near the Green Bay area give me an opportunity to simply just crawl around one... get a real idea for its size and scope... and a quick convo of what and what not to look for regarding areas of concern. (axles, frame weakness, rust hot spots etc).

While I've read some of the TM's regarding its size... in person I feel is such a better judge of character. (Wow the first time I looked at an m35a2... I had to take a step back and say "Do I really want something this big"....

I don't want to drive 6 hours to go look to purchase one and then say that with the m715.

Any takers?

VenomInjected

I'm across the lake from you on the Michigan shoreline, but I know there are several Wisconsin owners over at the http://www.m715zone.com Maybe one of them will be close enough that you could take a peek at them.
Thanks for the reminder on the zone..(totally forgot about it).. I spent a whole bunch of time reading/researching over there the past month but probably worth me registering and asking there given the potentially higher volume of 715 owners per day.

VenomInjected

Not a response yet over there (m715 zone) either... so hopefully between the two sites I get someone relatively close to go explore around.

VenomInjected

Couple quick hits over on the Zone.... hopefully have a chance here to see one in person soon.

Thanks for the help and direction as always guys.

dozenjeeps

Hi, I have a restored stock M-715 located in Forestville, just south of Sturgeon Bay, pretty close to Green Bay, you are welcome to come over and see it anytime........also have a nice restored MUTT with Ma Deuce on it and lots of extras......four other jeeps to check out if you want........give me a call.........also looking for a M-715 engine for some spare parts if anyone has one in Wisconsin or nearby......need ignitor(distributor) and a carb.........

Brandon130

I will be an M715 owner in a few days. Very excited. Not looking forward to hauling it home from South Carolina, though.

Truck's in pieces; someone else's project that I stumbled upon, struck up a conversation with the owner, threw out a dollar amount and he accepted. Tell-tail sign that I'm paying too much, we'll see.

Hope to have it running in time for winter.

Also, my wife knows me too well, from my recent behavior she's realized that I'm a carpenter with carpentry tools. I don't even own a jack or stands. This truck and its parts will take up the whole of our garage. I may have bit off more than I can chew.

I still don't know how I'm going to get the M715's body, bed and other heavy items off the truck. 😁

Oh well, it's a long drive back to Wisconsin, I'll think of something.

West Bend, WI M715 owner

dozenjeeps

Hi, if the project turns out to be to big of a job, let me know, I am buying and storing extra 715 parts to keep mine running, I have the room and pallet racking to store all of the parts .... I had to search for a few weeks for a ignitor and now my truck is running great again.......seems parts are getting harder to find over the years....good luck and if you get up my way check mine out and we can go for a ride..........

VenomInjected

I got mine about a month ago....

Will hopefully begin dissasembly in 3 or 4 weeks with some parts heading over to dozenjeeps.
IMAG1435.jpg

VenomInjected

venominjected your truck looks to good to tear apart!!! you have the same winter top as I have....... only thing I don't like about it is we can't put the window down!!....
Dozen.... the top did have its flaws etc.... I'll save it until you see the rest of the powertrain...and its yours to have... the sides are broken off... but its yours or the scrap yard.

11220147_10106386029876870_2784937956482947346_n.jpg

Brandon130

Almost nothing on the truck I'm buying is original, but it was all original when the current owner purchased it. He swapped out almost everything, so I won't have a need for the original parts. I will confirm if they are included in the sale.

Brandon130

The m715 I bought has a body in excellent condition. New NV4500 and an NP205 - dual sticked, with 32 spline rear and front outputs.

The engine is a 2006 vortec 8.1L V8.

Getting the engine complete and ready to start has become my first goal. Purchased and installed the alternator, starter and serpentine belt. I struggled reattaching the engine wiring harness, but I believe I've plugged things in correctly. Some connectors I can't find a mate for. I'm looking for any help I can get regarding getting the engine running. Truth; I don't know what is needed to start and run this engine.

Something I've learned; there's a significant difference in the ability of an individual who fixes/replaces worn engine parts, and an individual who can assemble an engine and its parts.

I'll stick this project out to the end though, even if I end up being buried with the truck.

penokeevet

Recently sold my M715. New owner had it running in 3 hours or so. He also does body work, so will end up with a nice looking vehicle when done. I'm not a mechanic, can change oil and put in new spark plugs and that's about all. Good luck with your vehicle. I still have a M725, that I'm painting and hope to have it back on he road this winter (in Arizona).

dogtags

Military Veterans Museum and Education Center in Oshkosh, WI has both a M715 and a M725 for you to look over. They are open Friday-Sunday 10am-5pm.

Located at:
4300 Poberezny Road, Oshkosh, WI

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks