• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m715 truck bed

newworld

anyone built from scratch the truck bed? and some crossmember supports?

curious what gauge steel the truck bed is, and i read on a forum that one person was going to fab it brake bent...to replace his bed.

newworld

thanks...but i only need the center portion maybe 2.5 feet X 93 inches and i didnt think you wanted to cut yours up. i dont have the infrastructure to handle another whole bed, and with shipping costs plus cost of bed to seller it makes more sense to fab something then weld in place.

ideally its a parts vehicle that somebody already sold the fenders and liftgate etc and have some good sheetmetal left....

otherwise i would just get a new sheet brake bent i was curious if anyone on this forum has fabbed their bed from scratch...

I have a nice bed if this helps

newworld

if you are parting out pieces though let me know. im looking for the fuel filler brackets and fuel piece that cap screws into. i assume the rubber is toast on many of these, but i think there is a metal cylinder that the brackets attach to? also interested in headlight bezels but mine was converted to 12v etc

spicergear

Eastern surplus is looking to sell their M715 parts in one shot. Couple trucks parts, parts...etc. Get a hold of Dave, you may be surprised at the lot you can get.

newworld

i really dont want extra trucks parts etc there is a space/logisitcs issue....

really curious is anyone has replaced the center bed portion only from a scratch build etc

Eastern surplus is looking to sell their M715 parts in one shot. Couple trucks parts, parts...etc. Get a hold of Dave, you may be surprised at the lot you can get.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks