• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M715 - Zero to Hero?

GoldComet6

That's the thought behind the article - a disappointment when new, but a cult classic now.

It's from the April 2011 issue of Hemmings Classic Car magazine. They have added a few truck articles each month now and have covered MVs a few times before. I recommend the magazine if you like old cars & trucks - it's certainly worth the subscription price. If you want to see similar MV related articles in the future let me know, otherwise I won't bother posting these anymore.

Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

3/4 ton?
I would have thought Hemmings would proof read a little better than that.

Maybe its one of those April fools additions

Last edited:

bcowanwheels

The m715 was perfect for what it was designed for and did its job admerably especially when you consider everybody wants to drive it wide open + some and over load it to the max. Not many vehicles even today can take what this old work horse has taken. Best truck ever made in my opinion and i have 11 of them.
Just my opinion
bob

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree the M715 is a neat vehicle and fairly reliable. The only issues I remember with the M715 from my Army days was a problem with lubrication on the top end of the Tornado engine and overheating problems with the transfer case. I drove one for a while in the early 70s and would love to have one now.

countcv61

That's the thought behind the article - a disappointment when new, but a cult classic now.

It's from the April 2011 issue of Hemmings Classic Car magazine. They have added a few truck articles each month now and have covered MVs a few times before. I recommend the magazine if you like old cars & trucks - it's certainly worth the subscription price. If you want to see similar MV related articles in the future let me know, otherwise I won't bother posting these anymore.

Hope you enjoy.
Thanks for this! Interesting reading.