• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M746 / M747 22 1/2 ton Markings

wideload

Can anybody help with appropriate marking suggestions for my 22 1/2 ton HET. It is chassis number 96 of the 125 that were built by Ward La France. It is in full running condition but requires some cosmetic work which I intend to start in the new year, so help on markings would be appreciated.

Attachments

M1075

Holy cow is that a cool setup you have! There are several M747s on GL right now that may help with your markings on the trailer.

wideload

Thanks M1075 and David,
I looked at all the M747's on GL, I will be interested to see what they go for just to see if I paid over the odds for mine here in the UK. David I will send you an E- mail when i'm back in work next week.
John.

M1075

Wideload-

In the picture, it looks like single tires on the trailer. Have you removed the outer wheels from the trailer to reduce the overall width? If so, does that reduce the width to 120 inches?

wideload

M1075,
I have removed the outer wheels as you correctly observed, for three reasons:-

1 to reduce the width yes it is now only 120 inches the same as the tractor instead of 138".

2 the tyres keep going down so 8 wheels are away for shot blasting and re painting, then they will all be changed over for the next 8 to be blasted and painted then hopefully i wont have to keep pumping them up !

3 UK road legislation says that you cannot run an exposed tyre, the twins stick out from under the bed by 9" each side, once i refit all the tyres i'm going to fit some wings (fenders to you guys!) made from rubber conveyor belting.

M1075

Once you add the outer tires and the "wings", you will definitely be a W I D E L O A D!

I would love to see more pics of the truck and trailer when you get the chance. It looks awesome!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks