• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M747 destroyed by crooks

mdcarriers

UPDATE---The guy that ruined my trailer is in jail. He hasn't been charged for the trailer yet, but his girlfriend indentified the front of my trailer on his flatbed trailer. She asked him where he got that and he said don't worry about it. I know where he sold it for scrap and it was one of the places I went to and they said they never saw it. I know this guy and had talked to him about doing some welding and told him where the trailer was parked. This was about six months ago. One thing sure, when he gets out of jail, he's got a good ass kicking coming and I am the man to do it.:deadhorse:

A

A/C Cages

Go to his court hearing and just have a smirky evil grin on your face and stare at him.. Make him really wonder if he even wants to get out of jail or not...

Also tell the pros attorney the whole story. They might be able to make his life a worse nightmare.

Bye the way, glad they caught him.

Flyingvan911

If he confesses to selling the trailer piece to that scrap yard by name, do you have any legal recourse against them?

I'm glad the crook is caught. Sounds like his girlfriend helped bring him to justice?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The prob with giving this POS a good old fashioned (and well deserved) arse kicking is that he can have you arrested and then (with a bastage trial lawyer) sue you for damages.

If, on the other hand, someone else gave him said arse kicking (with you having plausible deniability) justice would be served.

I would go after the scrap yard......if they bought stolen goods and then lied to you about it they are in a bad position. I assume the evidence is on it's way to China now but you might get the scrapper to testify against the azzhat in return for not suing them.

Heath_h49008

The scrapyard would be a possible accessory after the fact. Especially if the local prosecutor wants to do something to put the fear of god into the local scrap-rat population. Shut down a crooked recycler... the rest will take notice fast.

The prosecuting att. should be your new best friend.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
UPDATE---The guy that ruined my trailer is in jail. He hasn't been charged for the trailer yet, but his girlfriend indentified the front of my trailer on his flatbed trailer. She asked him where he got that and he said don't worry about it. I know where he sold it for scrap and it was one of the places I went to and they said they never saw it. I know this guy and had talked to him about doing some welding and told him where the trailer was parked. This was about six months ago. One thing sure, when he gets out of jail, he's got a good ass kicking coming and I am the man to do it.:deadhorse:
mdcarriers:
I suppose that "congratulations" are what's appropriate to tell you "the victim" when the bad guy has been caught. He is now going to suffer the legal process for his foolishness.

With regard to the last line of your post (see bold print above):
PLEASE be very cautious with any threats of retalliation or criminal activity on your own part. Now that you have broadcast that "threat" for the whole world to see, you'd best make yourself available to PROTECT HIM from any harm lest you be accused (and prosecuted) for a premeditated act of malice against him, whether you follow through on the threat or not.

I realize that this has been a stressful violation of your property and security, but you MUST guard yourself from saying or doing anything foolish against the perp. While you may have just been "venting", it would be VERY EASY to use your own words against you if it came to that.

Please keep us posted on the legal process.

I hope that you will be able to restore the trailer to functionality.

John

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mdcarriers:
I suppose that "congratulations" are what's appropriate to tell you "the victim" when the bad guy has been caught. He is now going to suffer the legal process for his foolishness.

With regard to the last line of your post (see bold print above):
PLEASE be very cautious with any threats of retalliation or criminal activity on your own part. Now that you have broadcast that "threat" for the whole world to see, you'd best make yourself available to PROTECT HIM from any harm lest you be accused (and prosecuted) for a premeditated act of malice against him, whether you follow through on the threat or not.

I realize that this has been a stressful violation of your property and security, but you MUST guard yourself from saying or doing anything foolish against the perp. While you may have just been "venting", it would be VERY EASY to use your own words against you if it came to that.

Please keep us posted on the legal process.

I hope that you will be able to restore the trailer to functionality.

John
John has a point but I'd still make him pay by whatever means necessary. There are ways to make someone's life a living he!! without a butt whipping.

My buddy once had a guy steal a bunch of stuff from him (ex-employee). He knew 100% certain that he did it but didn't have enough hard evidence for the cops to get involved. He also knew the thief was into drugs. He just staked out his house and every time a drug deal went down or he left out driving drunk, he'd call the cops. He ended up loosing his job, his drivers license, and spent a pretty long stint in the lockup from being involved in a meth lab. All this for about $500 worth of scrap.

You've got to remember that people that do stuff like this aren't model citizens. They are usually involved in a lot of illegal activity. If you watch them you can hang a bunch of stuff on them. Make them wish that had never so much as looked at that trailer.

Also go after the scrap yard. Shady scrap yards are a big problem with this scrap stealing going on. See what you can hang on them and shut them down if you can. Call the local news and let them know the yard is knowingly dealing with stolen goods and hindering theft investigations. I don't know about your state but in TN scrap yards have to have a scrap dealers license and are regulated by the state.

SPCWarning

(quote from AC): "Go to his court hearing and just have a smirky evil grin on your face and stare at him.. Make him really wonder if he even wants to get out of jail or not..."

Yeah, could you imagine the guy on trial looking out into the courtoom and seeing the guy he stole from, looking like patracy's avatar??!!:shock:

I'm glad they caught the culprit too, and ditto on going after the scrapyard. If nothing else, it may slow them down from buying scrap from known thieves!

Jimmy

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the scrap yards won't buy the stuff, there's no market for the stuff the fools steal. Eliminate the ability to convert stolen goods to CASH and you devalue the "currency" that the thieves are selling. It's like breaking the food chain. The buyer is as much to blame as the thief.

This is a difficult activity to police. But oversight and consequences are necessary.

Whenever I recycle scrap, the scrap yard wants the license plate number on the deuce (she doesn't have plates, so that confuses them a bit) AND my drivers license recorded on the transaction, along with a description and the weights of what was brought in. I'd bet that in TEXAS scrappers are required to assist in investigations by recording buys, and then opening those records upon demand.

Find out who in your state government is the point of oversight for these operations, and file a report.

2cents

mdcarriers

At this point I am just glad the guy is in jail. He will most likely be in for awhile because he got arrested for breaking into a car at Walmart, using a weapon in the commission of a crime, possession of schedule 2 drugs, two counts of bond surrender, and hold for other agency. They have other charges pending. BTW, I am having my trailer rebuilt. It will never be the same, but for $3000.00 I will be able to use it. I will post some pictures when it is finished. I still would like stomp his head into the ground, but I doubt that will happen.

quickfarms

If the scrap yard got it after you were there then the could be charged with receiving stolen property. If they already had it then they are just unethical or did not know they had it.

Heath_h49008

The scrap rats have no reason to steal what they can't sell... the scrapyard is a fence and needs to be prosecuted as such.

Don't let him get away. Don't accept anything less than his prosecution.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to point out that MD did not say he was going to harm him. He said he would like to and he said he was the man to do it but nothing further.

Big difference.

Vet89

You could talk to the police about having the suspect placed on tresspass notice to your property. You may also want to talk to the police about the salvage yard receiving stolen goods...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most scrap yards are operated by crooks themselves. I know we have 3 local scrap yards around here and 2 of them are as bad as the thieves themselves. The one I deal with follows the laws and regs and will call the cops if something doesn't look right. The other two at the very least look the other way, at worst they encourage thievery.

For the sake of all the others that have been hit by scrap thieves, I encourage you to peruse this matter as much as you can. Until law enforcement gets serious about solving and prosecuting property crimes, it's bound to get worse.