• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M747,m1000 width question

tatra813

Both these trailer have outer dual tires that stick out beyond the trailer.

If you took the outer duals off what is the deck width?

Anyone have any experience with either of these?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The deck on both accomodates a 144" wide main battle tank. 102" is legal width. Suggest you search Truck Trader etc for an oilfield lowboy with a really long neck, they are out there.

tatra813

Thanks for the info. I believe the m747 is a 10' deck and 11.5'. Width with tires. By pulling the outer duallys off you can run with a permit Over 11' you need pilot cars in my state. If the trailer measurements are accurate that trailer will work

I've got a 2" hitch on the back of my truck so don't need a long neck, just need a taller neck I believe

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M747 is 10' to outside of deck and 10'5" to the outside of the stock tires. You can put different wheels/tires on to get it closer to 10' wide total.

M1000 has a 10' deck and 12' to the outside of the stock tires. It might be possible to narrow the M1000 a bit with 2 tires instead of 4 on each bogey.

tatra813

Just won the m1000 auction

Just got the winning bid on the m1000 trailer
Need to ship it from Southern California to Washington

I think I can take the outer dually tires off and take it from 12' wide to 10' wide

I assume I need to get a crane to load it

Any feedback, ideas or help is appreciated

Need to pay someone to pull outer tires off and strap on deck ahead of time
Any recommendations yermo california

Jericho

WOW, that's a trailer, Question begging to be asked, With all the HETS and trailers being "DERMOED " What is replacing them ?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw some of those trailers being loaded on lowboys going out of red river a year ago from sales there. It looked like they were still over width even with some tires removed. Those things are wide and overhung the low boys. That is an eyeball view point not a factual knowledge first hand.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, that's a trailer, Question begging to be asked, With all the HETS and trailers being "DERMOED " What is replacing them ?
M1070s were replaced with M1070A1s.

Force reduction as well.

M1000s may be getting upgraded, not sure.

f800

Picture 17 shows rear side markers on metal brackets extending to the outer wheels. Those would have to be removed, along with the mudflaps. Rear tie down doesn't extend as far, but it is not removable

davidhdale

If he bought that trailer I bet he has sonthing to pull it just a guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never ment that he did not have something but i know if you check with ryder alot of times they have trucks that they need returned to a yard and they will do a deal to get it back . Back when i was doing heavy towing we did it a lot fly out and bring it back instead of shipping our truck with a wrecker to bring the trailer back

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks