• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M75 is finally home !!!!!!!!

deuceman51

Well guys, the infamous Save me from the torch M75 in Montana is finally safe and doing well at it's new home in South Dakota. She will be kept company with 26 other MVs at Kluthe Army Depot. This was a very long drawn out process with tons of minor problems that kept wreaking havoc with my well laid plans, but it all came to an end when the APC was delivered today. The trucker was great and the APC is in pretty decent shape. There are a ton of demil marks to weld up and the whole thing will get a full restoration. Unfortunately with all the other vehicle projects and working on my new storage facility, it probably won't be started for another 2 years. At least it's safe and sound though. Here are some pics of the delivery and the new proud owner.

Attachments

deuceman51

It went to Belgium after the US Army was done with it. Somehow it was re-imported into the US to Arizona, from there it was bought by a sawmill in MT, bought by the torch guy in MT from the sawmill, then Jwaller bought it, then I bought it from him and shipped it to SD. Its been a few places already, lol.

Reactions: NDT

jwaller

congrats. I knew you could do it. looks much better in your pics than it did his. get some welding done to seal her up. if you find thigns you need I suggest you get them now. esp if you need big parts. I know roy at seco still has 2 but is rapidly cutting and sending them to scrap.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great save DEUCEMAN51! I am shocked at how clean it looks! I was expecting the worst when I read your description. Good luck!

waayfast

Seems like I recall someone over on the "G" had some seals for an M75.Look in "tracks" section on the message board.I didn't look close --can't tell you what part the seals are for.Maybe the guy has other stuff as well. Good luck!

Jim

deuceman51

Thanks Jim,
I haven't had much time for the APC as i've been busy with military duties and fixing up my pole barn shed for storing all my green prizes. Hope to try and start it this summer and keep tracking down parts. I'm going to tear it down to the bare hull and rebuild the entire track, but we are probably talking a 4 year project there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks