• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M756A2 Pipeline Truck

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just won an M756A2 on a GSA Auction. Looks to be complete except for front winch. After speaking with the fellow on-site, it is also missing its intank fuel pump. He did say it had all of its equipment, "big chains & snatch block". The PTO is there for the front winch. It was on GSA (Thanks Pilot) up in Montana. Never dealt with GSA before, very easy so far and no 10% at the end!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was watching, was wanting but I still have another deuce 1800 miles away (in a different place)

FreightTrain

Banned
ewww,Maccus is gonna hate you now.....hee hee hee,He was bidding on it....also....Wrecker,You big dummy...you said you was going to go $3k on that thing......

FreightTrain

Banned
oh,I will say you better be happy I just bought most of a wrecker.......Cause I got good credit and American General Financing loves it when I find new toys.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dang nice find!! How much will you take for it?!
I'm not kidding by the way. If you don't want to sell the whole thing or any of the equipment, then I have a request. Can you please take the hard to find items like the trunnion and sheaves to an engineering firm and get some CAD drawings made of them? I will pay for the drawings and your fuel to get there. My Dad's 756A2 and several others on SS need all of the special equipment to be complete and you just can't find it.

Well, a certain member did have some of it a couple of years ago and then promptly sold it before I could get back from vacation to send him the money :twisted: (cough, cough... you know who you are!)

powerhouseduece

I'm not kidding by the way. If you don't want to sell the whole thing or any of the equipment, then I have a request. Can you please take the hard to find items like the trunnion and sheaves to an engineering firm and get some CAD drawings made of them? I will pay for the drawings and your fuel to get there. My Dad's 756A2 and several others on SS need all of the special equipment to be complete and you just can't find it.

Well, a certain member did have some of it a couple of years ago and then promptly sold it before I could get back from vacation to send him the money :twisted: (cough, cough... you know who you are!)

Wasent me!!

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto that - Steelsoldiers and I will also pay to pack/ship them if you'd be willing to loan us the trunion/trunion block to take them to a CAD firm here.

It would make our Dad's day to be able to raise his gin poles and rig the rear winch for lifting.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

(Tail between legs) Sorry Boss! I really needed the money to buy a wrecker. Now you see why I say vacations are largely overrated. They cause you to miss deals.

PS Is the winch installed yet?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Gimpy, NOT Limpy! I can get mine up. BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

That is a sweet truck though. I had missed one for 1200. Still kicking myself.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
(Tail between legs) Sorry Boss! I really needed the money to buy a wrecker. Now you see why I say vacations are largely overrated. They cause you to miss deals.

PS Is the winch installed yet?
:wink:

No the winch is still sitting on the same pallet behind my Dad's house that it came home on :roll: My brother and I are going to spearhead the restoration of the truck after the first of the year. We are trying to gather as many parts as possible right now. It runs, drives, and stops so at least we don't have to worry about that.

Kevin, sorry we hi-jacked your thread. That will teach you to post something cool and then disappear! :p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks