• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M762 Yard Sale find.

CJ_Tiz

I love the look of the curent lights and I'm a little creative and will probably fab up a wire bundle to accept the 12 pin socket and drop it down to 4 pin. I will be installing a set of 12v bulbs also.

I also need to find a pin and spring that goes into the drop leg up front. Mine is rusted to all **** and back. I hit all the zerk fitting today and to my surprise old lube came out. Someone stored this good.

JB

You can splice or join a civy harness connector to the existing wires through the junction box on the drawbars next the parking brake. Look for the m416 or most any military trailer manual for a wiring diagram as a guide. The wires should have tiny metal ID tags on them if they have not become illegible.

JFMickey_D

Plans for now are too keep it original. Anything I do to it will be able to unbolt from the original deck. I'm using it to mount coolers and tool boxes and spare parts for camping trips and outings.

I will probably just register it here in FL as it seems easy to do. As far as lights I want to leave the the original housing but going to see if there is a way to mount an LED or 12v bulb in side it.
The main bulb is a 24V equivalent of an 1157. I think the blackout bulb is the 24V equivalent of a 93. So swapping over to 12V is just a matter of changing the bulb. That's what I did when I refurbished my housings.

Ignore the Harbor Freight POS's. They're long gone. I was only using them to stay legal until I got the originals finished.

Oh, and don't worry about going to the Gamma Goat lenses. With an 1157 bulb in there mine are exactly as bright as the original brake lights on my 1997 Grand Cherokee. Plenty bright enough, even in daylight.

Attachments

rickf

I have had one of them for about 15 years when the Marines sold them off. On mine I have mounted a generator and an air compressor. The plan was when I go to a junk yard that I knew had old military trucks I could take power and air tools with me.
Great little trailers.
I have a second one here also, but it has rust in the bed. It also has the bigger 750:16 tires on it. Someone needs to make me an offer on it.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
Frank, can you e-mail me some pics of it?
rickf1985@comcast.net

Rick

Pawnshop

Plans for now are too keep it original. Anything I do to it will be able to unbolt from the original deck. I'm using it to mount coolers and tool boxes and spare parts for camping trips and outings.
BLESS YOU SIR! It realllly frosts my cake when a Jeeper gets his hands on a rare trailer like this one and cuts it all up to make it "better" off road! These units were MADE to do exactly what you want it to do off road, BEHIND what you are going to be towing it with! The trailer "bobbers" are better served scratch building what they want and leaving the factory stuff alone...

I got one of these trailers this past weekend myself (after years of looking), she is not as pretty as yours, nor was she as cheap as I had to outbid other eBay shoppers (I hope I outbid the bobbers:)), but she is mine!

My data plate is faded and I can not read my delivery date, what is your serial number? Mine is a Johnson, serial number 14863 (overhauled in 1979). Your number will help me try to pin my build date down.

Attachments

uscgmatt

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pawnshop, yours is from a light tower kit. It originally had a 40 ft tower and 3kw gas genset. I have pics of what it looked like in my pic folder. Let me get my sn to help also.:grd:

Edit. Trailer sn is 15565 no date stamp but 1967 contract. The light tower is a 1977 contract. I hate when they dont stamp the date.

Last edited:

CJ_Tiz

Still going strong... Found a spare set of rubber with very little dry rot on a craigslist add for 30$. Now time to clean her up for sure. I got ideas turning in my head on what to build for it.uploadfromtaptalk1367512748304.jpg

CJ_Tiz

Wired up the lights. Ran a new set of wires and sliced in inside the tail light. Can go back to the original set up with a quick bulb change and installing the original plug.uploadfromtaptalk1368755838645.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks