• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m764 worth a temp to restore in rough shape

rudedog

I have a m764 it has the continental gas in it and rust galore. I have some thoughts the frame and axles suspension are in good shape auger bits are still there and auger drive and rear winch, front winch and pto stuff gone will post some pics later. The 1st thought was to strip body off and make a v100 type of vehicle not with real armor and my own design or make a hemmitt style vehicle ,yes i know that one has been done but not my way . I would like some input on this. and if someone is looking for some restore parts for one of these let me know.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If its a gasser it could well be a V18A/MTQ. Very worthy of a restore. Can you put up some pics?

rudedog

pics of truck need some feed back its a gasser or a offer to buy from someone if interested in a restore if not im scaping or making a trail rig.

Attachments

Empty Pockets

That's a neat looking truck. You don't see them everyday nice score. Your truck is alot like mine they both need a little love but are completely restorable. That is to be expected since both trucks are pushing 60. If I were you I would try to sell your truck to someone who wants to restore it and then buy one to modify. I only say because most guys will tell you to ditch the gas motor for a diesel. I personal like the OA331 gas motor. Mine has been quite reliable and moves my stock M34 fine. You mentioned that you wanted to add hemmit style wheels and tires. Most will argue that the larger tires are too much for the old gas engine to turn. Let me know if you decide to sell the whole truck. I'm always on the look out for my next restoration project.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks