• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M8 Armored Car in Iraq

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is actually pretty complete. Most of the time the fenders are gone. If you got rid of the psudo cannon, it wouldn't look so imposing and it would kinda be just another vehicle. The engine stuff is easy to come by. Other things like the turret traverse are kinda hard to find. It uses the same m/c as a deucs but the wheels are a dual wheel cylinder deal. Kits are still available for them too. The hydrovac is another story. There were 2 or 3 versions used. R.Yumala has some kits, but the kit we got was 1/2 right and 1/2 wrong. Good luck, that would be cool to send home!

Crazyguyla

It's parked behind a building in such a way that it can't be seen from the street. I just happened to see it because I was on a scrounging mission. I would love to be able to ship it back stateside, still looking thru the customs process to see what if anything is needed to claim it and ship it home. Since there is no canon, don't have to worry about weapons prohibition. The only other thing I noticed missing is the wiring harness, not a single wire to be found anywhere on the hull.

salt6

Drag it over to your unit, clean it up, repaint and put unit codes on it, then redeploy it to home station.

Got to be one of those new Fox ACPs. [thumbzup]

PS: Johnny Walker can get alot of things done.

Nonotagain

A what? lol

A TWIC card is a ID card issued to those working in the ports. All personnel entering the ports have to have the card. You can thank the TSA for another "Fine job Brownie" moment.

If this vehicle ever gets shipped, if needed my brother can remove the container from the port.

Recently the ports started another money grab, where the chasis that the conex sits has to be inspected prior to removal from the port.

powerhouseduece

A TWIC card is a ID card issued to those working in the ports. All personnel entering the ports have to have the card. You can thank the TSA for another "Fine job Brownie" moment.

If this vehicle ever gets shipped, if needed my brother can remove the container from the port.

Recently the ports started another money grab, where the chasis that the conex sits has to be inspected prior to removal from the port.

My land lord is a longshoreman down there, im sure he's got the TWIC card. He has worked in all the POB dock's.

DrJekl

There was a M10 (not sure on the model so work with me), WWII tank destroyer, the Sherman based tank, slanted side armor, open turret, at a tank base north of Baghdad off the MSR when we went through in 2003. It along with a Sherman, some T34s and older wheeled armored vehicles were stuffed in a breached wall on the compound. I took a photo but it was a decent distance away and we could not stop. Lots of old WWII vintage vehicles there.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All found/ confiscated armaments are supposed to be returned to the Iraqi government for disposition. Even all the old obsolete stuff. Soldiers are no longer allowed to claim trophies or **** near anything with a military value. The only way I can imagine you'd have a chance in **** of successfully getting this home is to secure a bill of sale from a local national and try to ship it through civilian channels, of course with appropriate customs clearance. You might want to try and get a civilian contractor to work it for you. They have far more leeway as they are bound by customs regs, and a SOFA, but not as many military regs. Another way to go is to try and get it back as a unit "prize". However I understand the time for that is probably long past.

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am the Terminal Manager at a Container Freight Station (putting cargo inside containers and unloading cargo from containers) in the Port of Houston area.

If you can get a container into the Port and cleared - I can arange unloading and reloading to your truck.

All I want is the photo opportunity to sit in it and make vroom VROOM noises. :D

jamesfrom180

I know of two Renault tanks brought back to the Patton Museum from Afghanistan. Probably a little better connected but hey that and the half came back why not yours right! Good luck hope you get it here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks