• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M8 greyhound questions

mooresM35A2

I have some questions about M8 greyhounds how valuable are they? are they difficult to restore? are they fun MVs to have around? im asking because there is one not far from me, i havnt been able to get a close look at it but it sits outside in the weather and the condition its in... well you can imagine sorry no pics

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
All wheeled armor is popular, and the M8 particularly so - its WWII, its US, it carries a "big gun" (although only 37mm), it can be transported without a lowboy - and in your case - its in this counry (the later means given the current political climate its value will likely continue to increase at a fairly rapid pace.

The trouble areas on these vehicles are the hydraulic throttle linkages. The good news is its powered by a Hercules JXD engine - an engine for which parts are fairly readily found.

Commonly missing are the gun - naturally - the fenders, and in some cases the external stowage boxes (not all M8s had those, however). Suspension issues are sometimes found, but can be corrected.

Hope this helps,
David

L1A1

Yes they can be driven on the road legally. However, I would recommend that if you do, you should always have a "spotter" ride with you as the driver's view is very limited (non existant to the rear) even with the front hatches opened. If you do purchase this machine, I think I have some manuals for it here at the house.

Good luck!
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks