• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M805a injection pump lost timing *urg*

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Guys,
I removed a IP from a m805a 30kw generator after timing it. No biggie. when it was being rebuilt, I cranked the generator over thinking it was another one. *URG*
Now I got the rebuilt IP, and cant figure for the life of me how to time the motor too install the IP. I know how to do it with the older Mep005a gens, but not this newer one.
I went through the manuals and cant find anything on timing the motor to install the IP.
Anyone done this before with the tactical gens? Even checked utube..nothing

Thanks in advance! Love this form!:clinto:

Kevin

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the engine and what is the IP?

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
John Deere 4039T engine , Injection Pump. IP.
Does this sound right? Its for a 4239 engine. Is it the same class of engine?..

On the left rear of the motor (left facing front) you will see a little plate held on with a bolt that has a shaft about 2'' long sticking out, this is your timming pin, take the plate off and reverse the pin and stick it into the hole in the block with engine at top dead center carefuly roll engine either direction until the pin drops into the hole on flywheel, this is your top dead center. on your injection pump towards the gear end there is a cover plate about 1x3'' take it off and then line up the timming marks for the pump and then install the pump and you should be set to go.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds right.

Don't use the pins to hold anything as you tighten things up.

You may want to look at the valves to confirm tdc as well.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks