• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 Locking Gas Cap?

charlesmann

Have you looked into construction equipment fuel tank caps? Some of them are lockable. I found a cap in the vicinity of some fresh ground breaking at an airport. There was only a jd track hoe and cat d7 dozer working the ground and were gone when i came back to work 2 wks later. I went on a walk about to see what kind of rocks the equipment had unearth and came upon the cap. I guess they filled it and forgot to put the cap back on. It hadnt been there long, didmt even have dust/dirt on it and the brass hadn't started corroding yet. Might be something to look into. It fit my 936A2 just fine after i got a new lock put in it.

Superthermal

Have you looked into construction equipment fuel tank caps? Some of them are lockable. I found a cap in the vicinity of some fresh ground breaking at an airport. There was only a jd track hoe and cat d7 dozer working the ground and were gone when i came back to work 2 wks later. I went on a walk about to see what kind of rocks the equipment had unearth and came upon the cap. I guess they filled it and forgot to put the cap back on. It hadnt been there long, didmt even have dust/dirt on it and the brass hadn't started corroding yet. Might be something to look into. It fit my 936A2 just fine after i got a new lock put in it.
Thanks for the reply. Could you someday take a pic and let me see what it looks like? In looking at the take caps the 900 series look a bit different than my 809 series but eventually I will be adding a second large tank to my passenger side and I don't care if it is from an 809 or 900 series and that tank will need a lock too.

charlesmann

When i was doing some fuel related trouble shooting i swapped it out for a different cap, drove off with it on a step and lost it last yr. So sorry, no pics available.

what is the neck size and thread pitch? I can measure mine and see if its the same as the 809 series, but i wouldnt think they would change filler neck size.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Devin Freeman made one...djfreema. Let me see if I can find the post.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Had on on my deuce, worked great until I lost the key for the lock!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks