• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809 Locking Gas Cap?

charlesmann

Have you looked into construction equipment fuel tank caps? Some of them are lockable. I found a cap in the vicinity of some fresh ground breaking at an airport. There was only a jd track hoe and cat d7 dozer working the ground and were gone when i came back to work 2 wks later. I went on a walk about to see what kind of rocks the equipment had unearth and came upon the cap. I guess they filled it and forgot to put the cap back on. It hadnt been there long, didmt even have dust/dirt on it and the brass hadn't started corroding yet. Might be something to look into. It fit my 936A2 just fine after i got a new lock put in it.

Superthermal

Have you looked into construction equipment fuel tank caps? Some of them are lockable. I found a cap in the vicinity of some fresh ground breaking at an airport. There was only a jd track hoe and cat d7 dozer working the ground and were gone when i came back to work 2 wks later. I went on a walk about to see what kind of rocks the equipment had unearth and came upon the cap. I guess they filled it and forgot to put the cap back on. It hadnt been there long, didmt even have dust/dirt on it and the brass hadn't started corroding yet. Might be something to look into. It fit my 936A2 just fine after i got a new lock put in it.
Thanks for the reply. Could you someday take a pic and let me see what it looks like? In looking at the take caps the 900 series look a bit different than my 809 series but eventually I will be adding a second large tank to my passenger side and I don't care if it is from an 809 or 900 series and that tank will need a lock too.

charlesmann

When i was doing some fuel related trouble shooting i swapped it out for a different cap, drove off with it on a step and lost it last yr. So sorry, no pics available.

what is the neck size and thread pitch? I can measure mine and see if its the same as the 809 series, but i wouldnt think they would change filler neck size.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Devin Freeman made one...djfreema. Let me see if I can find the post.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Had on on my deuce, worked great until I lost the key for the lock!