• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M809/M813 PTO mounting Qs

LanceRobson

I bought an M813A1 w/winch at Drum this week and am curious about PTO options to paower a dump conversion. If possible I'd like to go with a electric or air operated clutch PTO and a direct drive pump. Which leads me to some questions and, yes I've used the search feature...

Does the M809/M813 transmission have two PTO apertures or just one?

Is/are the aperture(s) SAE standard 6 or 8 hole size?

Is the transfer case aperture SAE size?

Thanks

Lance

jatonka

Lance, same PTO as the older 5 tons. Then get the rear facing accessory drive from Fred or me and you are all set. email, PM or call me anytime. JT

LanceRobson

Hello JT

Are you referring to a transmission PTO of the transfer case? I'd like to direct couple the pump to the PTO if that is possible.

If it's a transmission PTO does it have two outputs, one forward facing for the winch and one rear facing?

Lance

serv

I'd like to direct couple the pump to the PTO if that is possible.

Yes, this is very doable.

I bought a new PTO from a local muncie dealer for my 5 ton this week. I told them I needed a pto for a 6353 transmission that was to be mounted on the right side of the transmission with a rear facing output shaft.

In your case just tell them what pump you will be using and they can sell you a PTO with a direct mount pump flange and you will be set.

should look something like this

Mine is the other type with a 1 1/4" keyed shaft coming out of it. I setup a drive shaft for mine and it works flawlessly.

By the way, I called around looking for used original equipment pto's for these trucks and I felt the prices were way high considering how old they were. Just call the muncie dealer and buy new and be done with it. New ones are cheaper than any used military ones I found.

LanceRobson

My challenge with using the right side transmission aperture is that the truck has a winch that I want to keep.

Your picture looks like a 6 hole SAE PTO with mechanical engagement and a standard 13 spline output and would be a good choice if there was no front winch. I would really like to use a similar electric clutch pump but would lose the winch.

Lance

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks